In addition to specific assignments emanating from the Director General, the under listed are the activities of the legal department:
1. Providing legal advice to the Chairman and the Commission on issues referred to the department.
2. Representing the Commission in legal matters before courts of competent jurisdictions.
3. Engaging in Alternative Dispute Resolution on behalf of the Commission.
4. Drafting, vetting and interpretation of legal instruments referred to the department.
5. Partaking in ad hoc activities as may from time to time be assigned to it by the Commission.
6. Conducting of legal searches for the Commission.
7. Drafting and executing contract agreements for the Commission.
8. Monitoring of administration of oath of secrecy to staff and ad hoc employees of the Commission.
9. Coordination of Legal/legislative reforms.
10. Liaison with the Federal Ministry of Justice and other external solicitors that may be employed by the Commission
11. Safe guard intellectual property of the Commission.
12. Acting as secretariat to the Committee on Legal Matters.
13. Attending Ministerial Tenders Board (MTB) and management meetings and other ad hoc committee meetings.
14. Legal research.
Barr. (Mrs.) Chioma Umeh Kalu